Verkocht – Sold –
Some articles can be re ordered Send a email for more info
Forging and heat-treating a 49 in. (approx. 124 cm) blade is a tough task, but the Hanwei smiths have mastered the technique and
Paul Chen is excited to bring you a functional and historically accurate Odachi, the Japanese great sword (also called
With an overall length of approx. 170 cm, there’s only one way to describe this sword – large!
Patterned after an original piece from the 14th century, when Odachi were still in use on the battlefield, this sword is a must
for Japanese sword enthusiasts.
Made by Hanwei.
- Hand-forged blade
- Differentially Hardened
- True Odachi
- Overall length: approx. 170.2 cm
- Blade length: approx. 124.5 cm
- Handle length: approx. 43.8 cm
- Weight: approx. 2750 g
- Point of balance: approx. 28 cm
- Blade width at guard: approx. 3.8 cm
- Blade width at tip: approx. 2.9 cm
- Blade thickness at guard: approx. 10 mm
- Blade thickness at tip: approx. 6 mm
- Sori: approx. 5.7 cm
- Manufacturer’s product no.: SH2392
Specs may slightly vary from piece to piece.